Together we have achieved a great deal, and YOU have contributed mightily to our many accomplishments. Here are just a few highlights:
- We have rescued hundreds of wild animals with nowhere else to go.
- Under our care, they have the chance to heal emotionally and physically, once again learning to thrive.
- They receive compassionate care in a true sanctuary setting for the rest of their natural lives, free from exploitation.
- Our robust internship program has taught young adults from around the world about the issues facing wild animals in captivity and what they can do to make a difference.
There are many others, too numerous to mention. Animals can’t express their thanks in words, but I have seen gratitude in their eyes when their suffering is relieved. We thank you for your continuing support.
And now, with our pending move to our new location, on 80 acres of “forever protected” land in the Ocala National Forest, the future is brighter than ever! Some exciting changes for the coming year are:
- Completion of Phase I Construction and moving the animals to the new location by March 2013.
- Completion of Phase II of construction so that we can once again offer educational tours of the sanctuary.
- Final expansion and construction to complete our state-of-the-art facility.
- Increased capacity to rescue even more more animals in need
Please look for our quarterly newsletter to stay abreast of all our upcoming adventures.
You’ve been our friend and supporter in the past, and we thank you. Could you find it in your heart to help ensure that the new sanctuary is even better than the home they are leaving?
You can imagine starting from scratch on a wild property is expensive. Yet, with 14 year’s experience to guide us, we have the opportunity to create a permanent, state-of-the-art facility. That’s why we are asking you to dig a little deeper this holiday season than in the past.
Also, each year we are forced to turn away over 500 abused or neglected animals that are in need of help. With our new environment, and enough continuing monthly pledges, we can begin to increase our numbers, and rescue more of these needy creatures.
So, really, we are asking you to give twice: Once for our campaign to build the new facility, and then a monthly pledge to allow us to serve the cast-aside animals that so desperately need our help.
If you haven’t made your year-end donation yet, there is still time. Any checks written before January 1st or online donations made before January 1st are still deductible on your 2012 taxes.
Forest Animal Rescue