Part-time animal volunteer program in Silver Springs, FL:
We need YOU! If you can commit to a 4-hour shift to help with projects, you can get your feet wet and see the inner-workings of a true sanctuary. Your valuable time will make a huge difference in the lives of rescued wild animals that have come from inappropriate situations.
A half-day commitment may seem like a small amount of time to you, but can make a BIG difference for the animals.
- Volunteers either live locally or have a place to stay on their own without requiring sanctuary lodging or meals.
- There is no fee required to participate in this program.
- Minimum age is 18.
- Volunteers have their own transportation to and from the sanctuary to volunteer.
- Volunteers work shifts as their schedule allows, with shifts potentially available seven days a week.
- There are no minimum hours required, but the more involved you are, the more you are able to be trained to do. Casual or intermittent volunteers seldom reach a training level to be able to feed animals but are still valuable help on projects.
- Volunteers who wish to train in animal care must be able to provide proof of a current negative TB test (within the past 12 months) or proof of a prior vaccination against TB.
- In order to participate in activities involving bats, the volunteer must provide proof of a rabies vaccination.
- Hepatitis B and tetanus vaccinations are strongly recommended.
If this sounds like something you would like to do, we would love to meet you!
Please complete the form below.
email us if you have questions or problems completing the application online